Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Episode 1 of Camp (READ)

 Hi Bloggers, 


Week 7 Term 3 of school we went on camp to Arthurs- Pass. It took 2 hours and 30 minutes exactly because we stopped a lot. We got there on a bus it was nice bus, The bus had some TV'S and every seat had a air conditioner.  Me and my friends played UNO. When we got their we unpacked and the instructors names were Gemma and Ruby. There was some Parent Helpers on camp as well their names where Lu, Paul, Jo, Bretton, Richard Dan, Mr Robertson, and our teacher Miss Rennell.  This Post for camp is about River Crossing. 

River Crossing was FREEZING like if you put a bag of ice on your feet for 2 hours then it will be as cold as river crossing. It made your feet and legs go numb and their was slippery rocks so you could not just run across. We learned that if you are carrying a big pack then go with the stream and then you will not be trying to push yourself to get the other way upstream. 

 

My Photos Of the first day



My Reflection of River Crossing was that it was really cold and that when you were done you almost cried of coldness. 

Have you ever been to Arthurs- Pass?

Make sure you come tomorrow for Episode 2  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ethan,
    You painted such a vivid picture of river crossing. I can feel my feet ache as I read your post. I was fascinated to read the hint you gave about if you slip into a river with a backpack on. It makes sense to go with the river as I guess the backpack would work as a flotation device for awhile. It isn't very often that we get so cold you feel as if you almost want to cry. I think it is really good for us to work outside of our comfort zone so that we learn what we are capable of achieving and enduring. What was your favourite activity at camp?
    The photos were great Ethan.

    Ms Dods

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.