Pages

Monday 31 August 2020

My Speech

Hello Bloggers

Today I am posting about my speech. Today at school we presented our speeches. I am competing for the school competition. My speech is entitled, 'can video games make you smarter?' Also when the other classmates  were reciting theirs we had to mark them. My favorite speech was my friend named Alvin his was about Busy verses Productive people. When I marked his Speech he got 28/28 because his speech was good he had good eye contact. His speech was in the time limit.  


Here Is Mine:

I have heard  quite a lot of people say that video games make you dumber. But I love them and I am smart so I have to prove my point.  

Hi my name is Ethan. I Love video games. I will show THEM WRONG. Who loves video games probalry everyone. I sure do. 


My point is that everyone says that video games make you dumb. I do not believe them. According to studies that only some of the games make you smarter Minecraft etc. A couple of scientists tested 12,004 students, they found that students who play video games do better then other people who don’t. 


Also some people say that playing video games makes your eyes ruined but I always sit to close the TV when playing video games. My Mum and Dad always tell me to sit back from the TV.  But can first person shooter games make you smarter? The answer is yes, studies show that if you play FPS games like call of duty, fortnite ETC they make you faster at things but not smarter. Some scientists studied games and when you learn about the same topic in class then you will be more likely to rember what the Answer is. 


Here are some excuses to make you allowed to play video games 

1.You develop reading skills if the game your playing has words on the screen or if you are reading the instructions 

Video games help you concentrate  more because when you play a game you will be focused on the game and nothing else. 

Studies found that people who play video games on a regualr basis learn faster then others that don’t 





     So I hope that has taught you lots, Remember don’t play too many video games that make you dumber (not)...  So now you understand that video games make you smarter so don’t say they make you dumber. 



By Ethan 


DId you like my Speech 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.